Sunday 12 July 2015

To My Future Guy

It's probably late or probably too early for you to read this. You might just have woken up from a dreadful major exam yesterday or just gonna go to bed after 4 mugs of coffee because you're finishing your project. You're probably stressed out because of your unruly hair that can't be straighten out for your thesis defense or you can't sleep because you have a job interview tomorrow. Hell, you might be annoyed right now coz I want you to read this in front of me so that I can see every emotion that will pass across your face. Or maybe you might be rejecting that request of mine because it's too cheesy for you so I'm telling you right now that please don't because i'm gonna say something..


please be patient with me.


I know i'm irrational at times; I might be too frank and serious about all things; I might be mean and say awful things about your exes; I know i can be too sensitive about the music on the car or on the jeepney (i just said 'car' because i'm assuming you're a rich bastard, but hey i got it all figured out that we have to commute to experience life so just forget about it); i get annoyed when you don't use serving spoon/fork whenever we have dinner at y/our house; I get angry when you say you don't like harry potter because it makes you gay but let me tell you it would be life-changing to be in Hogwarts (oh, i know. i've been a gryffindor and a slytherin when i had some dreams about it); i also do stupid decisions and i keep on making you worried about me coz i gave up on texting frequently a long time ago so you have no idea where am i sometimes; I know i'm in love with jon snow and that's never gonna change and i hope you become the lord commander of the night's watch someday so i can get over him and not imagine him having my babies; I'm a bitch sometimes (okay, oftentimes); a blubbering mess whenever we watch a drama or a chick flick; a raging bull every time you cut your classes just to be with me (i'm not most girls babe. some girls might find this sweet, but hell no, not me); and a hypocrite for saying i'm not a hopeless romantic.



Look, all i'm saying is that i'm not gonna be a perfect girlfriend. I have a lot of flaws that i didn't even mentioned here because seriously, that is a long list. But hey, above all these flaws, i am something right. And that's being your girl.


I'm not gonna ask you for anything. I'm not actually a demanding person. All i want is for you to just be there as i am for you. I will hug you hard every time you need one and hug you harder when you don't; i will kill the cockroach that caused you to scream like a little girl in the living room; i will introduce you to all my favorite everything so that we will not argue that often about our favorite Beatles' song and our favorite young-and-hot-and-i-mean-super-hot-Brad Pitt film; i will kiss your mouth whenever you get so worked up with your lessons at school and whenever you tell me i'm beautiful even though i don't have slender arms or abs; i don't care if you have remains of pizza on your teeth coz i will still tell you that you make me feel like i'm 14 when you smile at me; i will forgive you even before you say sorry to me (but babe please, have the decency to really apologize. only if it is your fault, don't worry); and i will still love and adore and miss and hate and cherish and curse and love and love and love you even if you're a conceited, arrogant son of a bitch who has a beautiful smile that always makes my day brighter and loves me not more than his mom.



You don't need to give me the world. You don't need to fly me to the moon.
You don't need to move mountains for me.



Just be patient with me. And don't give up easily on me. And love me.

And believe in me when I say i'm gonna do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment